SHAPE Moulded Seating
Advantages to you
Personalised Clinical Assessment
Our seating team of clinical professionals, consisting of Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists and Rehabilitation Engineers, are known for their experience and expertise within the field of custom seating.
We aim to design and manufacture SHAPE Moulded Seating Systems to offer maximum comfort and functionality, this is achieved by completing a thorough clinical and environmental assessment.
A physical evaluation is also completed and includes : joint movement and range, sitting balance, alignment and flexibility of the spinal column including the head and neck.
Many other individual practical needs and restrictions are also taken into consideration at this stage, such as skin condition, pain, spasticity, vision, reflexes, eating needs, toileting needs, breathing, transfer methods, communication needs and other factors that affect positioning.
Custom Contoured Seating
Shape Moulded Seating is appropriate for users that require a high level of support from their seating systems. It has been designed as a streamline seat with a thinner profile that can be trimmed down to suit the needs of the user or fit in a variety of wheelbases.
Comprising of two moulded foam liners inside a strong moulded plastic shell, it can accommodate some growth, by removal of the liner layers.
This seat is carved and vacuum formed, using computer aided manufacturing techniques, so we can assure the uniformity and strength of the seat in all areas.
The seat design can incorporate a variety of reinforcing methods, to offer increased strength without the need to frame externally. Pressure recesses and ventilation can also be introduced in areas where additional cushioning or air circulation may be required
The Shape Moulded Seat can be manufactured with either upholstered bonded or loose covers. All covers are machine washable and adherent to the standards required.
All our seats are supplied with 2 sets of fabric covers and a pelvic positioning belt. We have a range of chest harnesses, headrests and footrests. For those that require additional support we offer the ability to custom design any of these components.
The final seat is designed to suit your clinical and environmental needs, we aim to make the seat as compact, stable and secure as possible.
This seat is extremely easy to interface to a number of commonly used wheelbases.
- Robust seating system with a streamline finish
- Uniform Seat finish – due to computerised carving and vacuum forming
- Available with 2 liners as standard.
- Additional growth liners available
- Potential to reinforce the seat in specific areas for stronger users
- Potential to introduce areas of pressure relief
- Potential to introduce areas of ventilation
- Washable loose covers available in a number of fabrics and colours
- Incontinence resistant covers available
- Available as a seat only or back only or full body mould
- Easily interfaced to the most commonly used wheelbases
- Suitable for transportation on an Ottobock Discovery wheelbase
- Available with a range of Accessories – Headrests, Harnesses, Footplates
Our Custom Contoured Seats can be fitted to the majority of wheelbases, please view our range of Kids and Adult wheelchairs
Online Spare Parts Ordering
Online Spare Parts Ordering
Ottobock offer an online shop for a fast and efficient way of ordering spare parts for a wide range of our mobility products - our Online Spare Parts Catalogue.
- Discovery Wheelbase 522.38 kB | PDF
The Discovery is a stable and adaptive wheelbase. Download our one page flyer to learn more.
- Kimba Neo kid's buggy 3.85 MB | PDF
Kimba Neo kid's buggy
The Kimba combines maximum functionality while meeting the highest aesthetic criteria and offering numerous individual settings.